The Flow Blue International Collectors – Educational Fund (FBICEF) was created in 2006 as a 501 (3) (C) charitable organization by the Flow Blue International Collectors’ Club (FBICC). The FBICC Board of Directors determined that a non-profit Educational Fund would be a valuable way to enhance the FBICC’s activities while furthering the Club’s Flow Blue and Mulberry china educational goals.
While the FBICEF is a separate non-profit corporation from the FBICC, it affords FBICC members the benefit of being able to donate tax deductible cash/non-cash items to support the Club’s Flow Blue and Mulberry china educational activities including:
- Sponsoring seminars, conferences and other forums for education about Flow Blue and Mulberry china.
- Serving as a fiscal resource to support the FBICC Education Committee’s projects to include the publication of color photos in the Club’s newsletter, the Blue Berry Notes.
- The printing and distribution of educational presentation materials to all Club members (even those unable to attend the annual convention). Examples are booklets titled Detecting Restorations, Additional Color on Flow Blue or Mulberry China and Samuel Alcock.
- Supporting various research projects and publications to expand knowledge of Flow Blue and Mulberry china such as the Childrens Sets being researched by Bob and Bonne Hohl for the 2013 Convention.
- Creating and maintaining an on-line virtual museum on the Clubs website for gathering and disseminating information including the Pattern Identification Database.
- Supporting the acquisition of examples of various Flow Blue and Mulberry china, as well as reproduction pieces, for collector education purposes.
- Offering educational materials for sale, to the membership and the general public, via the Clubs web site.
The Educational Fund is supported entirely by voluntary donations.
- Non-cash contributions of property (e.g. flow blue/mulberry china) in acceptable condition, as determined by the Educational Fund’s Board of Directors, can be donated.
- Cash contributions may be made by check or by credit card. Checks should be made payable to FBICEF Treasurer and mailed to: FBICEF Treasurer, 509 W. Bridge St., Lyons, MI 48851.
Contributions are tax deductible and receipts will be sent to each donor. Members who contribute will also receive special recognition in the annual Club Roster. As always, all donations and/or contributions are greatly appreciated!